Thursday 4 November 2010

The Night of living dead in Liverpool Anglican Cathedral
Event took place at 31st October 2010, Halloween night.
 It was absolutely a unique event in the main space of Liverpool Cathedral.
It was a warm and dark night, around the Cathedral was very mysterious and creepy, beautiful and biggest Anglican Cathedral in the world looks very gothic and mystical.
We came with my husband there little bet early and decided to walk around the Cathedral.
Inside the Cathedral was a lot of artificial stage-smoke for the Halloween show. Everything was a blur, and instead of a huge, famous and beautiful Cathedral altar we had seen a spectacular light-laser background with the words "DEAD". Music and special-effect of the show were amazing and very fantastic and creepy.
Listen
Read phonetically

Whole that event was purpose as Halloween show and a chance to outstare fear. Fear of dead. And of course it was show for people with fascination with the “spirit world”.
We are not so religious people – me and my husband, but we like tradition of Christianity and especially architectural aspect of Liverpool Anglican Cathedral and others churches in Liverpool. I think it is amazing! Other aspect about my fascinating of churches is church as an exhibiting space for artists. I realize that my religion is art. I think...it is art is religion? What is religion for people? What is the art? Last Halloween show in the Cathedral was real piece of contemporary art! Yes, it was.
What is different between art and contemporary religion?
What is the art?
 I heard  that  "Art is human effort with the purpose of encouraging an emotional reaction."  Don’t remember who the author of this “art” definition.
After today’s lesson about famous museums in the USA and around the world and especially about importance of space for contemporary and traditional art I desire to defend my position (just for myself) that art is my religion.
Maybe art is the attempt to extract the least untrue lies? There are no properly definition of anything in this world...there are no definition of art or religion?
 It is difficult to have a reaction about definition of art that did not have some emotional suggestion. For the main principle of art to be determined by an emotive reaction would deny other qualities such as duration. When I remember a painting or a work of art am I really just remembering an emotion or structure of emotion? Often times I experience a painting and the emotional factuality is just as creative if not more creative then the work. Who is responsible for that? The artwork is not living so of course it should suggest emotion. That would be one device in which we recognize beauty and there is no denying that.
“All art is quite useless” - The Preface to The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.
What about -  “All religious is quite useless”?
Or
“All life is quite useless”...weird and scary...but so many people who had committed suicide probably thought like that.
What is different between art and religion? I don’t know. I know about myself, that I want to create something (art) all the time…I am not ambitious and don’t need viewers to comments my creations because I don’t trust and don’t believe to anybody opinion about my art.
Do fanatic religious people create something? I don’t think so. Maybe I am wrong.
Although ... perhaps they create a mentality and mindset for people that are close to them.

Reflective Journal…what a difficult part for my study. I dislike writing only about what a heard or seen about art…everything I heard or saw makes me think.
I have thinking about art and the civilization, art and the meaning of life, art and happiness, art and the definition of beauty, art and religion, art and woman.
History of Art is very interesting subject and it is very helpful study especially for me, as I need to study English - properly, rich and sophisticated English language to have ability correctly and beautifully write my thoughts and reflections.I need it.
But I feel it as a punishment. I want to create art but I need to learn the language and art theory ...
I do not have enough time and effort to create art. This is so tragic for me right now.

 One of the reasons for the importance of creating art is because it is capable of granting me vast amounts of joy and happiness. And happiness is pretty much what me and everyone lives for.