Tuesday 11 October 2011

Dead Poets Society movie (1989)

John Keating: "We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for"
Dead Poets Society movie (1989)



I needed a John Keating so very badly when I was in school.  There were glimmers, here and there …
 The closest anyone ever came in my college career was Barbara Marshall - Art History teacher in Liverpool Art Centre.  She was amazing!
     She was able to make me leave that classroom and drive home with a fire in my heart.  I wanted to go create things.  I wanted to go and learn things.  I felt like I could go and conquer the art world when I left that class. 

Dead Poets Society (1989) Original Trailer 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrBk780aOis