Thursday 26 June 2014

Louise Dorman

About Me

Hello and welcome to my online Gallery, the Photograph's of my work are in essence a circle of life in the sense that the majority of my work starts as photography, capturing every day activities that most of us take for granted like “hanging out the washing” or “walking the dog” I then use these images to create my own unique and exciting textile works. I use different textiles some bought and some home made, sequin's & Buttons, thread and wool along with free hand sewing to create these special works.

Some of the works displayed are commissioned and as such cannot be re-produced, but most can although due to this unique style each will be made a little different and never mass produced. Alongside my textile pictures you will see I also produce beautiful box's, trinkets, bag's and broaches again there are many different colours and style's to choose from, and again you can commission your own choice to make the perfect gift.

Another of my favourites are the booties and shoes, making the perfect gift for a baby or keepsake.

Other commission's to date also include cushion covers and wall hangings again these can be made to your own specification using almost any textile and finish.


Every year I try something new and last year I made a series of textile Christmas cards and decorations, commissions are always welcome, so please drop me an email to start the ball rolling I am happy to send my work anywhere in the world so please ask about postage and packaging when emailing, alternatively please feel free to visit me at the Caribou Gallery Studio in Ambleside, Cumbria.

2010 Has been a special year for me with some significant recognition for my work and some amazing show's and exhibitions. This year "Hanging out the washing" won best in show, and two commisions also won awards. So keep an eye on the press for forth coming exhibitions.




















































http://lakescollective.blogspot.co.uk/


https://plus.google.com/photos/114345994795786935928/albums/5481565019707758993?banner=pwa&authkey=CIyTwLik5qSAjwE