Sunday 26 September 2010

Antti Laitinen

Antti Laitinen works across idioms of performance, video and photography in a collective mission to stage mythologies and erase the boundary between success and failure through a trajectory of personal endurance and almost delusional imagination. Laitinen takes us beyond the normal realms of the world into a new reality at once both innocent and yet haunted by the knowledge of our contemporary ecological crisis. He encapsulates an artistic vision that explores the imperfect resolution of the world when faced with the sublime limits of our imagination. He says of his work: “It is more important to struggle for your dreams than succeeding in them.”(biennial.com)
Antti Laitinen is the Finnish artist to have his artwork on display at the A Foundation.
 The exhibition features Antti’s art – photography, installation and video - looking at varied and provocative responses to the theme of climate change.
 Antti Laitinen himself does not consider climate change to be the main issue in his works. “Climate change is not the main thing, but people have started to look at my work through this theme. I understand this well since climate change is currently a trendy topic”, Laitinen says.


I wonder how he manages to lived alone without internet?
I think his art and achievement are wonderful! He wants to be close to nature and it is very wise. I love Mother Nature as well! But I can imagine my life without internet and warm bath...
He makes me be envy.
I am not as brave as him.