Sunday 19 September 2010

NS Harsha

NS Harsha

I was very inspired by the work of NS Harsha, this work reflects my interest of fairy tales, and it's contemporary expression, fantasy and imagination and I like it very much.
I felt myself in this mirror room like in fairytale - Alice Through the Looking Glass - magical piece of art!
I was surprised to find that how a mirrored ceiling occupies the attention of the visitors and completely distracts attention from the picture is on the floor.

 

Born in 1969, Harsha lives and works in Mysore, India. He studied painting at the Faculty of Fine Arts, Baroda (1995). Since then he has taken part in a variety of collaborative projects and exhibitions internationally including Serpentine Gallery, London (2008); Maison Hermes, Tokyo (2008) the Singapore Biennale (2006); The House of World Cultures, Berlin (2005); the 2nd Fukuoka Asian Art Triennial (2002) and the Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Arts, Australia (1999). Harsha won the third Artes Mundi prize in 2008.

(http://www.victoria-miro.com/artists/_36/)