Wednesday 29 September 2010

Victoria Gallery and Museum

Today was a wonderful day and study lesson in the Victoria Gallery and Museum!
There are brilliant collection of art and amazing Astrid Kirchherr photography exhibition!
After lesson at 2 o’clock we went to see movie “A Hard Day’s Night”.
It was absolutely heartbreaking because ladies around cried during the film...I did myself inspired by them...
It is understandable...Beatles are their memories of happy years when they were young.

My husband and I went to the VGM to see movie A Hard Day's Night with HIGH EXPECTATIONS and were hit with the ATOMIC BLAST of BEATLEMANIA and heartbreaking nostalgia of older people, people of a generation in the sixties.
 A Hard Day's Night was released fifty years ago as the Beatles' first feature film.
I think no band, has EVER equalled that FEELING. It made everyday life MORE EXCITING. I feel it now; I feel it every time I hear a tune from this movie. This movie makes me wish I lived in Britain in the 60s.
 As I sat there for two hours I realized how overwhelmingly times have changed.
 The message of A Hard Day's Night is amazingly naïve, cheerful and optimistic. The Beatles themselves were clean-cut, wholesome, happy, optimistic "lads." A theme in the movie is the indissoluble nature of friendship. And there is a good-natured thumbing of their noses at the conventions of society.

I think people of a generation in the sixties really thought that they could make a difference in the world and could turn things around.

All they needed was a little - "peace, love, and understanding."
But nowadays when we look around at the world we live in, we see things getting worse and worse. In my opinion.
Reading or watching the news every day, I realized that the overwhelming effect it created was fear triggered by economic uncertainty-down-turns, recessions, job lay-offs, war in Iraq, crime and so forth.
No expectation of better life but fear of it can be even worse.
Maybe I am wrong…and only depressed.